QuickBooks is a versatile bookkeeping application but is prone to many errors. Some error arises while updating and installing or others while performing different operations on QuickBooks. This article will talk about QuickBooks error 1722 that appears when you install QuickBooks or open it after you install. On the occurrence of this error, a warning message shows up displaying, “QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.” Having an outdated Windows operating system and issues in coding are the major causes of QuickBooks Desktop error 1722. If you need more help, go through the entire article and perform the troubleshooting solutions.
Getting QuickBooks error 1722 again and again? Stop stressing out! Connect with a QuickBooks professional for immediate help by calling us on our customer support number 1-855-856-0042.
Reasons behind the occurrence of QuickBooks Installation error 1722
Here is the list of possible causes that trigger the error:
- Windows is not updated to the latest release.
- Windows components are damaged and need repair.
- Installation of the QuickBooks application is not done properly.
- Some Windows-related files are corrupted by a virus or malware.
- QuickBooks-related files are missing or deleted accidentally.
Now that you are aware of the root causes, go to the troubleshooting section and follow the solutions to resolve the error carefully.
Recommended to read: How to fix QuickBooks Missing PDF Component
Most Reliable Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks Desktop error 1722
Solution 1. Download the latest QuickBooks Tool Hub version and run the Install Diagnostic Tool
- Once the company file and QuickBooks Desktop are closed, open your website and visit Intuit’s official website.
- From the website, download the latest QuickBooks Tool Hub version and start the installation process.
- To install, perform the instructions given on the screen, then mark the agree to the terms and conditions checkbox.
- Once the QuickBooks Tool Hub installs completely, you will see the icon on your desktop. Double-click the icon to open the QuickBooks Tool Hub and go to the Installation Issues tab.
- Select QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and let the tool complete with fixing installation issues. It usually takes around 20 minutes.
- When the Install Diagnostic Tool finishes, close the QB Tool Hub and restart your workstation.
Solution 2. Get the latest Microsoft Windows update
- Open the Run box by pressing Windows + R together on the keyboard and write Control Panel in the Run box.
- Tap Enter, then Windows Update in the search bar and click Check for Updates.
- If you find Windows updates, click Update Now to install the update.
- When the install completes, restart Windows and also install updates for Microsoft .NET Framework, C++ and MSXML.
- Once done, try installing QuickBooks Desktop again.
Solution 3. Resolve issues related to Windows components manually
- Close all running applications and go to the Windows Start menu.
- In the search field, write Control Panel and open it.
- In Control Panel, choose Programs and Features, then Uninstall a Program.
- Next, select Turn Windows features on or off, then pick .NET Framework from the list.
- If the .NET Framework 4.5 (or later) is not selected, select the checkbox to turn on .NET Framework 4.5.
- Next, click OK to save the changes and restart your workstation.
- If .NET Framework 4.5 is already selected, click the checkbox to turn it off.
- Click OK to save the changes and don’t turn it on again.
- Restart your workstation and turn on the .NET Framework again.
Solution 4. Repair Microsoft MSXML and register its DLL files
- If you are using a 64-Bit operating system, follow these steps to register MSXML:
- Go to the Windows Start menu, type CMD and right-click CMD.
- Choose the Run as administrator option and enter cd\windows\syswow64 at the C: prompt.
- Enter regsvr32 MSXML6.dll, tap Enter and reinstall QuickBooks.
- If you are using a 32-Bit operating system, follow the commands to register MSXML:
- Open the Run command, press Windows + R on the keyboard and write cmd.
- Press Enter, write regsvr32 MSXML and install QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution 5. Perform a QuickBooks Clean Install in Safe Mode
- Visit the Account Management Page and note down QuickBooks Desktop product and license information.
- Keep a backup of company file and switch your system to Selective startup mode:
- Tap Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open the Run box, type msconfig and click OK.
- Go to the General tab, choose Selective startup and Load system services.
- Click Disable all, then mark Hide all Microsoft services checkbox and go through the list of services.
- Choose Windows Installer from the list, select OK and go to the System Configuration window.
- Click the Restart button and when the System starts, clean install the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Now, start your system back in Normal mode. For this: tap Windows + R on the keyboard to open the Run box and write msconfig.
- From the General tab, select Normal startup and click OK.
- Click the Restart button you see on the System Configuration window.
Solution 6. Use Windows File Checker
- Click the Start menu, type Command in the search and tap Enter key on your keyboard.
- Tap the Ctrl + Shift keys on the keyboard and then press the Enter key.
- When the permission dialog box appears, click the Yes button and wait till the black screen appears.
- There, type ‘sfc/scannow,’ press the Enter key and wait till the File Checker resolves the error.
Solution 7. Restore your workstation
- Click the Windows Start button, type ‘System Restore’ in the search and press Enter.
- When a window prompts, click System Restore and enter the password.
- Follow the instructions given on the wizard window, restore your workstation and open QuickBooks.
Solution 8. Fix system registry issues
- Repair the Window registry and complete scan your system.
- Remove all temporary files and folders from your system by running the ‘Disk Clean Up.’
- After that, update the PC Device Drivers, then uninstall and reinstall the QuickBooks application.
- Next, run Windows System File Checker and install all the Windows Update available on the Internet.
- Once done, perform a clean installation of Windows.
Solution 9: By Deleting ECML File
Start by deleting the ECML file.
- The user needs to hitWindows + R option on their keyboard and then move on to the next step.
- Now you need to enter the path>C:\ProgramData\intuit\Entitlement\Client\v8.
- Now, your Windows explorer will ultimately open this address on your system.
- Now delete theECM file on your desktop and then move on to the next step.
- Lastly, Run and download the QuickBooks and register the item once more, and you are done.
We are wrapping up our article on QuickBooks error 1722 hoping that it will help you resolve the issue. If the error doesn’t resolves even after following the solutions, connect with the QuickBooks support team for immediate help by calling us on our toll-free number 1-855-856-0042.
Also read this blog: Complete Guide And Solutions For QuickBooks Error H505