The QuickBooks software application is a holy grail for accounting and business operations. The application is super-convenient and lets the user perform various business functions with ease. To run the application, you need to download it from Intuit’s official site. But sometimes, issues occur while installing QuickBooks Desktop which leads to various errors. One such installation error is the QuickBooks error code 1327 which occurs when the system disconnects from the system and portable storage drives. If you are facing the QuickBooks error 1327, you have found the right article. We are going to provide you with the reasons why the error occurs and the solutions to resolve it effectively.
If you are having difficulty understanding the steps or resolving the error on your own, you can reach out to us at 1.855.738.2784 and get professional assistance from our technical team.
An Overview of the QuickBooks Installation Error 1327
Possible Causes behind the QuickBooks Desktop Error 1327
The various possible reasons behind the QuickBooks error code 1327 are –
- There are issues with the registry key and the incentive in the given data field is incorrect.
- The drive letter of the hard circle containing the working framework has been edited or changed.
- Your computer system is showing a temp drive in an incorrect manner.
- You have edited or modified the DVD-ROM or the CD-ROM drive letter.
- You are not using your Windows admin rights to install the QuickBooks Desktop application.
Early Signs & Symptoms for the QuickBooks Error Message 1327
To identify the QuickBooks installation error as early as possible, look for these signs –
- The Windows OS stops responding or the performance becomes extremely slow.
- Your QuickBooks Desktop stops abruptly or starts freezing and crashing.
- Your QuickBooks Desktop stops responding or experiences degraded performance.
- The system does not respond to mouse taps and keyboard clicks.
- The Windows OS starts crashing or hangs all of a sudden.
Addressing the Error 1327 in QuickBooks Desktop Reliably
The “QuickBooks error 1327: The drive is invalid” issue can be rectified by following the steps given below –
Step 1. Create a New Windows User Account to Install Windows on your PC
If you are a Windows 7 or 8 User, follow these steps –
- From the Windows Start menu, access the Control Panel and select User Accounts.
- Opt to manage another account and make a new account by assigning a username.
- From the Admin tab, select the Create Account option and reboot your PC.
- Log in with the new admin credentials and rerun the QuickBooks installation process.
If you are a Windows 10 User, follow these steps –
- Go to the Settings tab from the Windows Start menu and click on Accounts to select Family and other people.
- Click on Add Someone and enter a new username and password, followed by hitting Next to complete the process.
Step 2. Mend your Registry Settings from the Run Window
Firstly, you should back up the system registry and then, follow these steps –
- Press Windows + R to access the Run window and type regedit to navigate to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Current Version\Explorer\Shell Folders.
- Spot the entries that list the Drive Letter and change the incorrect drive name to C:\.
- Save the above changes and perform a system restart to end the repair process and eliminate the QB error code 1327.
Step 3. Reconfigure and Fix the Damage Microsoft .Net Component
A damaged .Net framework is an apparent reason for the QuickBooks Desktop error 1327. To mend the damage and fix the framework, follow these steps –
- Go to the Programs tab from the Control Panel and choose the Turn Windows Features On or Off option.
- Confirm your admin password and uncheck the box next to the Microsoft .Net framework.
- Restart your system and check if the QuickBooks installation error 1327 is dismissed.
Recommended to read: Reset QuickBooks Password
Step 4. Map the Network Drive Related to the QuickBooks Shell Folder
The next step is to map the network drive and fix the installation-related drive issues.
- Go to the Programs tab from the Windows Start menu and navigate to the Windows Explorer tab.
- Choose the Network Drive containing the shell folder and hit OK to map the drive.
- Select the Map Network Drive option from the Tool menu and go to the Shell Folder.
- Uncheck the Reconnect at Login option and note down the path, followed by hitting OK.
- End the process by performing a system restart and checking the error status.
Step 5. Re-assign the Drive Letter from the Control Panel
The root cause of the QuickBooks error message 1327 is an invalid drive letter. To fix the issue, you need to re-assign the drive letter in the following manner –
- Go to the Settings tab from the Windows Start menu and access the Control Panel.
- From the Administrative Tools menu, select Computer Management and right-click on the CD ROM drive.
- Select the Change Drive Letter option and press Edit to select the original drive letter.
- Hit OK to end the process and rerun the QuickBooks installation and see if the error is resolved.
Step 6. Disable the Adapter to Deactivate your Network Connections
The QuickBooks installation error 1327 usually pops up due to network connectivity issues, and you need to disable the adapter to fix the problem.
- Press Windows + R to open the Run window and go to the Control Panel to access the drop-down list.
- From the View tab, choose Small Icons and open the Network and Sharing Center.
- From the left pane, select Change Adapter settings and right-click on every adapter that is listed.
- Click on Disable and you might get the Connection is Lost message. Do not reconnect to the network and leave the Window open.
- When the connections shut down, install QuickBooks Desktop once again and when the installation is complete, activate the network connections again.
Step 7. Activate the Install Diagnostic Tool Utility to Run a Quick Diagnosis
The QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool can also help in removing the QuickBooks error message 1327.
- Download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub to run the tool utility and access the diagnostic tool.
- From the tool hub, go to the Installation Issues tab and select the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to run a diagnosis.
- Let the tool run a repair, and once done, try to install QuickBooks again and see if the error code 1327 is addressed.
QuickBooks error 1327 can be effectively resolved with the help of a few reliable solutions. Perform the steps given above, and if the error persists, you can reach out to us at 1.855.738.2784 and get assistance from our support team.
This blog is posted on postingera.com