A Complete Guide with Easy-to-Implement Solutions for QuickBooks Error H505
QuickBooks has rapidlyrisen to become the most sought-after accounting software in the market due to its state-of-the-art tools and robust features. One crucial aspect of this accounting application is the multi-user mode which facilitates users to access the company file and other relevant data from different computers in a network simultaneously.
However, sometimesusers cannot access the company file through the multi-user mode due to errors, and one of those errors is the QuickBooks Error H505. This error belongs to the H series of errors, and it gets triggered when the user’s workstation is not able to connect with the server computer that is hosting the company file.
This comprehensive article is intended to provide you with complete information about this error along with reliable solutions to rectify it.
If you desire to eradicate the QuickBooks Error H505 instantly, you can dial 1-855-856-0042 to get prompt assistance from our QB Experts Team.
Common Reasons behind the Appearance of the Error Code H505 in QuickBooks
Some of the reasons that are responsible for the Error Code H505 in QuickBooks are as follows:
- Wrong hosting settings of the QuickBooks Desktop on your server computer as well as on your workstations are the primary reason behind this intricate error.
- Difficulties created by Windows Firewall or some other application can prevent the successful connection between the server computer and the workstations on your network.
- Corruption in the Network Data (.ND) file as well as anoutdated version of the QuickBooks Desktop can create obstruction in accessing the company file using the multi-user mode.
Most Relevant Solutions to Quickly Eradicate the QuickBooks Desktop Error Message H505
Among the various solutions to rectify the QuickBooks Desktop Error Message H505, the most relevant and easiest ones are explained below:
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Keeps Crashing
Solution. 1: Ensure prompt elimination of this irksome error by correctly configuring the hosting settings on the server and the workstations
- First and foremost, you must launch the QB Desktop on each workstation where this error appears and then quickly go forward to tap on the ‘File’ menu to choose the ‘Utilities’ option.
- Afterwards, you shall see the ‘Stop Hosting Multi-User Access’ option located under the ‘Utilities’ tab, and you must strike on it to make sure that the multi-user mode is disabled on your workstations.
- Once you have configured the hosting settings on each workstation, you should immediately move towards the server computer and launch the QB Desktop to hit on the ‘File’ menu.
- In this final step of this solution, you must click on the ‘Utilities’ option and then strike on the ‘Host Multi-User Access’ option to enable the multi-user mode on the server computer.
Solution. 2: Swiftly obliterate this error by executing the QuickBooks Database Server Manager on your server computer
- The QuickBooks Database Server Manager tool is found in the QB Tool Hub, and therefore, you should immediately download the QB Tool hub from the Intuit website on your server computer.
- Once the tool hub is fully downloaded, your first task is to complete its installation by launching the ‘QuickBooksToolHub.exe’ file and thereafter open it to strike on the ‘Network Issues’ tab.
- In this major step, you must tap on the ‘QuickBooks Database Server Manager’ tool and then utilize the ‘Browse’ option to easily access your company file.
- After that, you should rapidly hit the ‘Start Scan’ button to commence the scanning of your company file, and once the scan is completed, you can click on the ‘Close’ button and then utilize the multi-user mode.
Solution. 3: Access the company file through a new folder on the server computer to speedily resolve this error
- The very first task is to head towards the folder on your server computer where the company file is saved and then copy the company file and thereafter create a new folder on your Windows Desktop.
- Afterwards, you must paste the copied company file inside the new folder and then right-click on the folder’s icon to choose the ‘Properties’ option.
- Now, you should navigate to the ‘Share’ tab in the ‘Properties’ window and then strike on the ‘Advanced Sharing’ option.
- At this point, you have to mark the ‘Share this folder’ checkbox, and then you must quickly proceed to tap on the ‘Permissions’ button located in the bottom of the window.
- In this essential step, you need to click on the ‘Full Control’ checkbox and then hit the ‘Apply’ and ‘OK’ buttons and thereafter access your company file from the workstations on the network.
Solution. 4: Expeditiously make this technical error disappear by making sure that the QuickBooks services are running on the server computer
- To check various QuickBooks services on the server computer, you should first open the Run command by hitting the ‘Windows+R’ keys on the keyboard, and then you should write ‘services.msc’ in the specified place.
- Afterwards, you have to tap on the ‘Enter’ key on your keyboard, and immediately,a list featuring various programs currently installed on your server computer will be displayed.
- In this step, you must search the whole list and then double-click on the ‘QuickBooksDBXX’ where XX denotes the version (year) of your QB Desktop.
- At this point, you should choose ‘Automatic’ for the Startup Type option and ensure that the ‘Service Status’ is ‘Running’ on the screen.
- Thereafter, you should promptly move towards the ‘Recovery’ tab, and then you must choose the ‘Restart the service’ option from all the three menus i.e. ‘First Failure’, ‘Second Failure’, and ‘Subsequent Failure’ located in that tab.
- In this final step, you have to properly save all the changes done above by clicking on the ‘Apply’ and ‘OK’ buttons,and then you must repeat all these steps again for the ‘QBCFMonitorService’.
The solutions that you have read for the QuickBooks Error H505 in this article are well-tested by various experts, and they will certainly work if you implement them in a correct sequence. Besides implementing these solutions, it is recommended that you should update your QuickBooks Desktop to the latest available version to get the new features as well as an error-free environment. If you need more help and guidance for this error or any other issue, you can choose to dial 1-855-856-0042 to contact our QB Experts Team.
Also see: QuickBooks Error H303 | Top Methods to Troubleshoot