With a wide variety of men’s casual and luxury watches, buying a watch that complements your style or occasion is intimidating. Before taking a move, it is important to know what exactly you are looking for and what are your priorities. Evaluating your requirements will help you narrow down the choices making it easier to choose.
In the guide below, we will help you understand what to focus on while buying a perfect men’s watch for yourself or your loved ones. Check out this style guide now to know how to choose a watch that suits you.
Unlike women, most men do not like to change or buy watches according to their outfits. They look for a timepiece that is versatile and flexible, hence can complement any and every style.
The two types of display include analogue and digital watches.
Analogue Watches are the most common among men and women. It has an hour hand, the minute hand, and the second hand. These timepieces are highly durable and are a great fit for all occasions.
With LCD Screen Digital watches displays the time electronically. These are only available in quartz movement. These watches are not as elegant and classy as analogue but are cost-effective. Some digital watches have additional features like a calendar, timer, etc.
Another essential factor to consider while buying a watch is its mechanism. Generally, they are of two types- quarts and mechanical.
- Quartz: The quartz mechanism is the most accurate and durable compared to mechanical watches. They are more affordable & practical than mechanical watches. Quartz watches are most preferred among youngsters due to its durability and affordability.
- Mechanical: Mechanical watches have a rotor attached to the movement. They are either hand wounded or automatic. However, mechanical watches are more expensive than quartz watches. Mechanical watches are designed to last multiple lifetime and can be regarded as heritage of the family that can be passed on to generations one after the other.
Most men focus more on functionality rather than then style. There are different types of watches for specific purposes and functionality. Let us discuss these here.
- Casual Watches: Casual watches can include analogue or digital displays. They have minimal design and a classic look and are easy to maintain. These casual watches are best suited for daily wear, office wear, gym wear, etc.
- Sports Watches: They are often rich in features and functionality. Many high-end sports watches are more than just time-telling devices. They have features like heart rate monitors, GPS tracking, barometers, compass, and more. These types of watches are versatile, therefore, are suitable for all kinds of outfits.
- Formal Watches: Formal watches are elegant and classy, best suited for business suits or formal wear. These watches are highly distinctive and effortlessly chic. It does not include any heavy embellishment and is a simple accessory.
- Luxury Watches: Luxury watches are collectors’ or investment items. Most luxury watches have excellent artistry and beautiful aesthetics that stands out of the time. They are the statement piece.
- GMT Watches: Specially made for frequent travellers these watches allow their users to see two time zones at once. It also has two tones marking on the dial that helps distinguish between daytime and night-time.
Budget is the most important factor that influences your purchase. You can buy watches online. However, it is important not to compromise on quality and comfort. Yet, you don’t need to spend a fortune to get good quality products. Some watches are of superior quality yet have an affordable price.
Give & Take is a well-known online retail store that delivers high-quality men’s watches such as Casio watches or men’s pocket watches at a low price. Explore their range online.