Lotus Notes is an email client developed by IBM now sold to HCL technologies. There was an era when Lotus Notes was the first choice for business collaboration when now we have come a long way and technology has got many advancements.
Since the release of Office 365, users are preferring cloud environment as it offers many modern era features and increases productivity within all types of organizations. Recently users are frequently moving into Office 365 and seeking a step-by-step guide to migrate Lotus Domino to Office 365.
Migrating your data from one system to another can be a daunting undertaking–especially for those who lack the expertise. With this step-by-step guide, we will show you how to migrate Lotus Domino Mail to Microsoft Office 365 without the need for any technical expertise.
Automated solution for Lotus Domino migration into Office 365
Basically, several third-party tools in the market allow migration of Lotus Domino to Office 365, but not all are masters in their work.
In the last few years, I’ve evaluated many Lotus Domino migration tools’ demo versions, and honestly, there are only a few tools to get desired and effortless migration into Office 365. One that I suggest is Shoviv Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration tool.
This particular tool provides every option I’m looking for the migration. Its convenient GUI makes using this a cakewalk; even non-technocrats can get desired/required results without technical assistance and expertise.
Migrate Lotus Domino to Office 365 Step by Step
- Install and launch the software in your system.
- Click on the Add NSF file option and add the NSF files you want to migrate.
- Select Office 365 option from the ribbon bar and check/uncheck the subfolder of NSF files.
- Then provide Office 365 admin credentials and map NSF files with Office 365 mailboxes.
- Next, the filter prompt appears. Use filter options on the data range and item type basis. Email translation and folder mapping features are also available.
- At last, click Next, and the software will start the migration process. During the migration process, the software displays a live log report where you can monitor the complete process.
Why opt Shoviv Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration tool?
As I have said above, the tool offers options for every worst scenario, so you’ll have the best and desired migration experience. Some of its user-oriented features are:
- You can add multiple NSF files without any restriction on the number and size of NSF files.
- It displays a preview of the added NSF file content with all their attributes and Meta properties, so you’ll assure that you’re migrating the correct item.
- The software filters out duplicate emails of Lotus Notes that effectively increase software speed and also save a few bucks of storage cost.
- You can replace the canonical email with the SMTP address, and an option to export data across folders is available.
- Enables to resume interrupted process without exporting the processed items, hence no need to worry about process interruption.
- Migration into Office 365 public folder and archive mailbox is available and effectively keeps folders hierarchy and data integrity.
Office 365 has become a reliable product to increase productivity within an organization, and many MNCs and businesspersons are now preferring it. But moving from Lotus Notes to Office 365 is a hectic task with the risk of data loss. Shoviv Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration tool automates the migration process, and moves users’ data into Office 365 mailboxes without any hassle and hitches.