This blog post describes the most trustworthy and direct way to copy .ost File in Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010 and below versions. If you are seeking for the same, then you will get a perfect solution by the end of this segment.
There are few methods to perform OST file migration into Outlook PST, but, we are going to describe to you the quick and reliable solution for this task. We can consider two techniques to copy OST to PST format along with attachments and email elements. Let’s discuss both methods one by one.
Manual Method to Copy .ost File in Outlook 2016
There are various techniques to copy OST file into PST format. Some of the manual ways are as follows:
Round 1. Using Export Feature
Important Note – This way works only when you are connected with Exchange Server.
- Open Microsoft Outlook email client app
- Now, go to File Menu and press on the Export to a File option and click on Next button.
- Then, opt “Personal File Folder (.pst) and click on Next.
- After that, just pick the folders saved in your PST file and hit on the Next tab.
- Lastly, choose the Location where you want to store files and press on the Finish tab.
Round 2. By Archive Feature
Important Note – This way will not allow you to move contacts.
- Launch Outlook application on your system
- Go to File Menu >> Archive
- Now, choose the files & mailboxes item that you want to archive and press on the Next tab.
- Then, pick the destination path where you want to store the data and click on Ok.
- After a few seconds, the archiving of files will get over.
In the above section, we have described the step-by-step manual method to carry out this conversion task. It is evident that this manual technique is not good for multiple files conversion. So, it becomes a daunting task to perform.
Hence to make it easier for you we have come up with a smooth solution that will smartly reduce the time & efforts in data conversion. Therefore, we recommend you a best program i.e. CubexSoft OST to PST Converter. It is the finest way that ensures a safe and smooth data export experience to its users in PST format.
Quick & Simple Steps to Copy .ost File in Outlook 2016
Step1: Download, install & run OST to PST Converter on your local machine.
Step2: Press on the Select Files or Select Folders option to add OST file or folder for migration.
Step3: Program starts scanning the loaded OST file and add all its Items with checkboxes on the screen.
Step4: Go to the Select Saving Options and choose PST as a saving option.
Step5: Set Sub-Options as per need and click on Export tab to start the task.
By following the above working steps, one can simply and directly move OST files to PST format including all attachments, formatting, metadata etc.
Why to Choose Professional Method over Manual Method?
The free manual method has its own multiple limitations that makes it unreliable way for this process. Few of them are mentioned below:
- Manual way doesn’t preserve the data integrity and structure.
- It becomes a time-consuming and lengthy procedure.
- Needs technical information to perform task.
- Chances of data loss during the task.
These are only a few limitations of using manual approach instead of a professional one.
In this post, we have described the multiple solutions for the users problem i.e. how to copy .ost file in Outlook 2016, 2013 and others. You can use any technique accordingly, for small data conversion, the manual solution can be used, and however, the recommended solution is to utilize the professional OST Converter tool to perform this task safely.
Try this Professional Tool for Free
Download and use the free demo version of this program, in order to check the working and performance. The demo edition can copy first 25 OST files into Outlook PST format for free. And, for multiple file conversion, you can buy the license key of this application.