The Andhra Pradesh Pollution Control is an autonomous organization under the Department of Environment, Government of Andhra Pradesh. APPCB is responsible for implementing various pollution control laws. The board evolves various source-specific strategies to reduce pollutants from industries, vehicular emissions etc.
The main objectives of the Board are as follows:
- To promote cleanliness of streams and wells in different areas of the state by prevention, control, and abatement of water pollution.
- Improve the quality of air and to prevent, control or abate air pollution in the State.
- To prevent hazardous substances causing accidents resulting in injury or death to human beings and damage to other living creatures, property and environment.
- Carry out research in problems relating to prevention, control or abatement of environmental pollution.
- To collaborate with the Central Pollution Control Board by providing data on water, air pollution, hazardous substances etc. As may require by them.
APPCB Categories & Classification of Business Activities
The APPCB (Andhra Pradesh Pollution Control Board) requires all business establishments to register with them. As part of this registration, the APPCB classifies each business into a category based on the nature of the business and its pollution potential. These classification codes are call APPCB categories. The APPCB categories are pre-define by the government, and businesses cannot assigne any other category.
The industries in Andhra Pradesh have been classified in Red, Orange, and Green category as per the list, indicating the classification of 649 industries as per new guidelines.
You need CTE and CTO to start business activities
Most businesses in India need to obtain an industrial license from the Ministry of Commerce or a similar body at the state level. This industrial license is required for large scale manufacturing and production activities of certain goods such as food and medicine. However, small scale manufacturing units that have an investment less than Rs 1 crore do not require an industrial license, but must still register themselves with APPCB and obtain an approval from it. The approval process involves assigning a category to your business and inspecting your premises. Based on this inspection, the board will approve you for operation or ask you to improve your infrastructure before it approves you for operation.
Why is the APPCB certificate is Important?
There are several reasons why the APPCB certificate is important. It is a document that shows that a person or organization has met all the requirements needed to operate in India. These requirements are set by the government and they must meet or a person or organization would penalize.
- The APPCB certificate is issued after the applicant has passed the application process successfully.
- The certificate that is issue after successful completion of this process allows a person or an organization to work within the country for a period of time.
Documents required for Andhra Pradesh Pollution Control Board NOC
The applicant shall use the formats given in the application form for filling up the information. The applicant shall provide all the relevant details required in the application form. For the purpose of processing the application. The following is list of documents that need to be submit along with the application form(Also read the government guidelines for documents)-
- AP Pollution Control Board Online application in Form I along with the required fee.
- Partnership deed in case of partnership firm.
- Copy of the registration certificate in case of a Society/Trust etc.
- Land details – Khata details, 7/12 extract, land tax paid receipts etc
- NOC from local bodies (gram panchayat, municipality, district collector, zilla parishad etc.) – where applicable
- NOCs from any other government departments (MoEF&CC, Forest Department, PWD etc.) – where applicable
- Power of Attorney – if any
- MOA and AOA – if applicable