Many of you may think that WHY there is a need to backup Office 365 mailboxes. The answer is, although Office 365 is a software as a service (SAAS) still there is a chance that these situations may arise:
- Office 365 provides space to store data for money. So, if users backup the Office 365 data, they can cut down the Office 365 fee by using less Office 365 cloud space.
- There can be a chance of unauthorized access or hacking.
- Users may delete the data by mistake so, it will be a boon if users have that data backup in their local directory.
Office 365 mailbox backup solution:
There are two methods using which users can back up their Office 365 mailbox. These two methods are the manual method and using a third-party tool method. The manual method is free, and a third-party tool is paid. So, there is a question about which method should one use to backup Office 365 mailboxes into their local computers or directories. The given down is the answer.
Disadvantages of manual method:
The manual method is also known as the e-discovery method because of the process involved in it. There are many disadvantages of the manual method which users may not like to counter, such as:
- This e-discovery method is so complicated as well as so much time-consuming method. This method may take hours and hours to process the file for backup.
- This method is incapable of backup the contacts and calendars. Sometimes it misses these items while processing the data for backup.
- There is no guarantee of retaining the originality of the data processed for backup.
- Only a technically versed person can do this task. A novice person can’t handle it.
- There is an equal chance of data loss.
Office 365 mailbox backup solution: Shoviv tool
- Install the Shoviv Office 365 backup and restore tool for free in your systems and open it.
- Click on connect Office 365 icon on the dashboard, provide credentials, and press connect
- Click on the backup directory icon from the dashboard and enter the path to save the backup data, and click
- Now tap on the Backup jobs option on the ribbon bar and provide all details needed, and at last, press finish.
- Go to the start backup job option to start the backup job/jobs.
Salient features of Shoviv Office 365 Backup and Restore tool:
- This Shoviv tool enables its users to backup Office 365 mailboxes in PST file format. Users can easily view this file format on any version of Outlook as well as FREE! Shoviv Outlook PST viewer tool.
- This application is job-based. Job-based means there is no need to connect the Office 365 account again and again. Once the account is connected users can work consequently.
- Multiple jobs can be performed at a time, hence a fast and time-saving tool.
- Maintains the originality of the Office 365 mailboxes.
- Filter option is available in the Shoviv Office 365 backup and restores tool. This filter option allows users to include/exclude the desired data.
- This tool has a schedular This feature saves its users from doing worry to a backup file periodically. It automatically backup the add-on data periodically as per the user opted in the schedule option.
We have discussed so far why users must use the Shoviv Office 365 Backup and Restore tool for Office 365 backup purposes. This tool with doing backup jobs also helps in restoring the backup files to the Office 365 mailboxes. Users can use this tool in the demo version for free. This free version lets users process the first 50 items per folder. Now, it is totally up to the users which way they want to proceed further.