.QuickBooks has outclassed all its competitors in the accounting software market to gain substantial fame worldwide. It is widely used and appreciated by small companies as it has helped them increase their efficiency and overall productivity.
The company file present in the QB Desktop tremendously helps the users as it stores all the relevant business information of the enterprise in one place securely. Nevertheless, many errors like the ‘QuickBooks Connection Has Been Lost’ error often prevent users from successfully accessing the company file.
This article will provide you with precise information about the symptoms, causes and solutions for this intricate error.
If you are seeking prompt rectification of the QuickBooks Connection Has Been Lost Error, simply dial 1-855-856-0042 to contact our QB Technical Support Team.
QB Desktop Connection Has Been Lost Error: Prominent Symptoms
The QB Desktop Connection Has Been Lost Error can be detected through the symptoms listed below:
- The server computer will frequently get disconnected from the workstations on the network.
- The Windows operating system may crash suddenly, and the screen of the QB Desktop application may completely freeze.
- Users will be unable to generate or delete any other folder on the computer.
Root Causes of the QuickBooks Desktop Connection Failure Error in Computer
The QuickBooks Desktop Connection Failure Error often arises due to the reasons listed below:
- If you are not using an updated version of the QB Desktop or if you have not logged in as an admin user in Windows, then this issue can get provoked easily.
- The damaged company file can also be a major factor behind this technical problem.
- Problems while opening up the company file on a network can arise if the multi-user hosting settings are improper on the server and the workstations.
- The company file access can be prevented if the Windows Firewall settings are improper on the user’s system.
Recommended to read: Easy way to resolve QuickBooks Error 6147
Relevant Solutions for Connection Has Been Lost in QB Desktop Issue on the Computer
The Connection Has Been Lost in QB Desktop Issue can be easily eliminated through the solutions provided below:
Case A: You are using a standalone computer while accessing the company file
Solution. 1: Simply restart the QB Desktop application and reboot your computer to resolve this problem
- The easiest technique to get rid of this error is to just restart the QB Desktop application on your system and then attempt to access the company file.
- If the problem persists, you need to reboot the computer immediately, and then you are required to launch the QB Desktop application again to access the chosen company file.
Solution. 2: Easily accomplish the complete execution of the Quick Fix my Program tool to eradicate this error
- Just open up the web browser on your computer to access Intuit’s website and then move ahead to download the QB Tool Hub from the appropriate link; once the download is finished, you should open up the tool hub installation file (QuickBooksToolHub.exe).
- The valid procedure to install the tool hub will be shown just after opening up the ‘QuickBooksToolHub.exe’ file, and then you must follow that procedure correctly so that the tool hub can be installed.
- Now, simply open up the QB Tool Hub to click on the ‘Program Problems’ tab and then you can move ahead to tap the option named ‘Quick Fix my Program’ to execute this tool.
- When this tool fully completes its execution, you will be able to easily access the company file without encountering this intricate error.
Solution. 3: Carefully carry out the execution of the QB File Doctor tool to root out this technical error
- To pick up the QB File Doctor tool, you must launch the QB Tool Hub swiftly to strike the ‘Company File Issues’ tab and then you can go straight away to hit the ‘Run QuickBooks File Doctor’ tool, and thereafter, simply make use of the ‘Browse and search’ option to get your company file for scanning purposes.
- After attentively striking the ‘Continue’ button, you need to move forward to enter the QB Desktop admin user password, and then you just have to tap the ‘Next’ button to initiate the execution of this tool.
- This tool will make sure that the selected company file is totally repaired, and then you can go ahead to successfully access your company file without facing any hindrances.
Solution. 4: Shift your company file to the local hard drive on the computer from the portable drive
- To ensure comfortable access to the company file, you should attach the portable drive to your system and then you must transfer your company file to the local hard drive.
- If you still want to save the company file on the portable drive, then you must ensure that enough free space is available in it.
- Furthermore, you can also save other relevant files into the portable drive to ensure that it is working correctly.
Case B: You are using a computer which is connected to a network, and the company file is located on the server computer
Solution. 5: Verify and configure the multi-user hosting settings on the server and each workstation to decimate this issue
- You are required to open up the QB Desktop on each workstation on your network consecutively to hit the ‘Utilities’ option provided under the ‘File’ menu, and then you must go ahead to tap the checkbox associated with the ‘Stop Hosting Multi-User Access’ option.
- Once you have implemented the above step on each workstation, you should go straight away to the server computer to launch the QB Desktop application and then move ahead to tap the ‘Utilities’ option situated under the ‘File’ menu.
- Thereafter, you should mark the checkbox associated with the ‘Host Multi-User Access’ option and then you will be able to ensure full access to the company file from any system on your network.
Solution. 6: Make sure that the power management settings are fully disabled on the server computer to eradicate this issue
- Just navigate to the ‘Windows’ key on the keyboard to tap it, and then you have to write ‘Power Options’ in the specified search field and, thereafter, strike the ‘Power Options’ icon on the server computer’s screen.
- Now, you must carefully switch off all the ‘Sleep’, ‘Standby’ as well as the ‘Hibernation’ modes on the server computer and then you can proceed ahead to simply access the required company file on the network.
Solution. 7: Comfortably open up the required company file using the Uniform Naming Convention (UNC) path on the server computer
- Firstly, open up the QB Desktop application on the server computer to choose the ‘Open or restore company’ tab provided under the ‘File’ menu and then move immediately to strike the ‘Open a company file’ option.
- Just move ahead to reach the ‘My Network Places’ tab, and then you need to carefully go to the exact location where the company file is saved in the server system.
- Once you reach the location of the company file, you must select it to tap the ‘Open’ button, and thereafter, the chosen company file will get immediately launched on the server computer.
The solutions explained in this article are verified by eminent experts, and you need to utilize them in the correct sequence to easily extirpate QuickBooks Connection Has Been Lost error. For more technical help, simply dial 1-855-856-0042 to contact our QB Experts Team.
Also read: A Detailed Guide to Diagnose and Fix QuickBooks error 1722