If you are interested in science as a subject and are looking for a professional diploma course that can help take you places, then the D Pharma course is apt for you. The diploma in pharmacy is spread over two years and is a career-oriented course. It is most suitable for those students who wish to set themselves in the field of pharmaceutical sciences. Here in this blog, we tell you everything about the D Pharma syllabus, fees and admission date.
What really is the D Pharma course all about?
The program has been designed in a way to prepare all candidates in a way so that they can work under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist in good hospitals and other pharmaceutical-related fields. After the completion of this course, students can pursue an MBA in Pharmaceutical Management, although they would be required to complete their graduation first.
The D Pharma course is an entry-level diploma course. It familiarises students with the basic concepts of pharmaceutical science. Keeping this in mind, the D Pharma syllabus is made in such a way so that students are able to develop the skills required along with basic knowledge.
Who should pursue D Pharma?
Before you enrol yourself in the course of D Pharma, you must if the course is suitable for you and is of interest to you. Mentioned below are the points to be kept in mind:
- Only those students are eligible to take admission in the course who have cleared their 10+2 in the Science stream with a minimum of 50% aggregate.
- Students who wish to establish a career for themselves in the field of healthcare.
- Students who have good analytical and research skills are also well suited for the D Pharma course.
When should you pursue the D Pharma?
There is no prescribed time to study the D Pharma course, however, it is an ideal course for those students who want to do the following:
- Want to earn lots of money. This is because there is a great incentive to make a huge amount of business in the field of pharmacy.
- Students who want to make their mark in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industry. This is a must-have, as without a basic D Pharma diploma you cannot enter this industry as you are required to have proper knowledge and understanding.
When should you pursue the D Pharma?
Even though the syllabus of the course may vary from one institution to another, the basic structures and topics always remain the same. For a better understanding of students, the D Pharma syllabus is mentioned below:
|First Year||Second Year|
|Human Anatomy Physiology||Antibiotics|
|Pharmaceutics I||Pharmaceutics II|
|Health Education Community Pharmacy||Hypnotics|
|Pharmaceutical Chemistry I||Pharmaceutical Chemistry II|
|Biochemistry Clinical Pathology||Drug Store Business Management|
|Hospital Clinical Pharmacy|
|Pharmacology and Toxicology|
The general course content of the D Pharma syllabus comprises a combination of topics such as Metrology, Pharmaceutical Aids, Topical Agents. Dental Products, etc. The Biochemistry Clinical Pathology is an important subject taught in the syllabus where students are exposed to topics such as Vitamins, Lipids, Therapeutics and Enzymes, etc. In the subject, Human Anatomy Physiology, the Skeletal systems and the cardiovascular systems are taught and explained to students in great detail. Students are also accustomed to first aid, nutrition and health topics which are crucial aspects of the branch of pharmacy.
D Pharma Admission Date and Eligibility
Every year the D Pharma admission date is announced. However, for students to apply for the course, they need to meet the eligibility criteria. They are mentioned below:
- Candidates or students must have completed class 12 and appeared for the Class 12 Board Exam from a recognized board.
- The candidates must have studied Chemistry, Physics, Biology or Mathematics as compulsory subjects in class 12.
- The minimum aggregate to be eligible for the D Pharma course is 50%.
- A 10% relaxation will be given to students belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer), differently-abled and other categories.
How can I get admission in KIIMS for a D Pharmacy course?
Many factors come into play if you want to take admission in KIIMS Dehradun for a D Pharmacy course. Here are a few helpful tips that will come in handy:
- Since admission is given to students on the basis of their merit, students are advised to study well for their Class 12 exams.
- If you have participated and have prize-winning certificates in extracurricular activities and NGO volunteering can be an added star to your list of merits.
- Be aware of the latest exam pattern. It is also beneficial to know the weightage that has been assigned to each section. This way you can prepare well for your exams.
Why should you choose D Pharmacy?
There are a variety of reasons to study the D Pharma course. They are mentioned below:
- Career options: Students who complete their D Pharma course can work in Hospitals, Nursing Homes, Colleges and many other posts in the medical industry as a whole.
- Flexibility: Working as a Pharmacist gives you the freedom to work in a flexible manner. Since it is a 24 x 7 job, you can choose to work either through the day or night.
- Career growth: The healthcare sector is a growing industry. There are innumerable opportunities for students who study pharmacy which in turn give them plenty of chances for career growth.
Making a career in the healthcare industry is a dream of many. Health care does not only mean MBBS. You can also do a pharmacy course and assist doctors in prescribing the right medicine. This was all about the D Pharma course and the D Pharma syllabus. If you wish to study the course and get admission in KIIMS then make sure you score well in your class 12 examinations. Studying the course will open a world of opportunities for you career-wise and give you a place to step into the world.