With the covid pandemic finally beginning to settle down, there is a strong chance of schools opening. This is a great opportunity for all those children who have been locked up inside of their homes and have had no interactions with anyone. If you are a parent and have been looking for the best preschools in Gurgaon, then there must a lot of things going on in your mind. It is obvious that you would want the playschool to be the finest in Gurgaon and with so many options around, it must be getting confusing. Here in this blog, we cover the entire checklist that you must go through before you shortlist on a preschool.
What are the things you must check before admitting your child to a playschool?
There are many things to consider when you are finalizing the best preschool in Gurgaon for your child. The checklist is mentioned below for your reference and to help you make a smart choice.
- Health: While when it comes to education we want to give our children the best, it should not be at the cost of their health. The morning timings of preschool should be such that it does not put too much pressure on the child. Small things such as good lighting in classrooms make a huge difference in making the school efficient. There are a few points to be kept in mind, they are:
- Space and big windows for fresh air and proper ventilation
- Flexible timings
- Daily physical activity (a period of games or PT)
- A special health and wellness program
- Safety: One of the most important points that must be kept in mind when you are selecting a playschool in Gurgaon, is the safety of your child. The safety of a child comes before everything else. A school is considered good only if it has its safety features in place. This is because children are young and do not know what is right or wrong for them, especially when it comes to their safety. The children must be monitored by teachers or someone from the staff at all times. Small things such as having CCTV cameras in place and firefighting equipment on all floors is a must.
- Teachers: Just like health and safety, it is of utmost importance to have good and educated teachers in a preschool. The real crux of any school is the teachers that teach there. Children have their first experience with the outside world when they meet the teachers that are there to guide them. A teacher is one who tells them what to do and what not to do and also introduces them to new concepts to start their basics. If the teachers are not professionals and do not know the curriculum they have to teach then the children will be lost. Therefore you must ensure that the playschool in Gurgaon that you choose has regular training of teachers and use lesson plans to increase their productivity around children.
- Good preschool facilities: A preschool is considered good for children if the facilities provided over there are up to date and well maintained. This is because the early years in a child’s life are very important and consideration must be given when the faculty is designing the pre-primary wing of the playschool. Basic amenities such as washbasins for washing hands and clean toilets are a must. The washrooms must be child friendly and easy to use. It is also good if the playschool has a dedicated library as this will inculcate the habit of reading at a very young age. The books in the library can be simple picture books or alphabet books but they should be able to solve the purpose.
- Experienced management: The management is just as important as the teachers of the school. In fact, it is the management that hires the teachers and ensures that the preschool is running properly. If the management is well experienced then it will work towards implementing safety rules in the playschool. Therefore, when you do your research for preschools in Gurgaon, then you must check the years of experience of the management and if they have been bestowed with any awards or recognition for their work.
- A good infrastructure with a standard fee: Many times, preschools that call themselves the ‘best’ are often when it comes to the fees they charge. Even though parents these days are willing to spend any amount for the right pre-schooling of their child this does not mean that they should be taken for granted. The fees should be such that there is value for money and it should not have any kind of hidden charges. If there are any annual increments then they must be reasonable. Another important thing that must be kept in mind is going through the infrastructure of the playschool and seeing the kind of facilities it provides. Wifi-enabled campus along with good, spacious classrooms are a must-have for any standard preschool. To check the school for all these things you must request for a tour of the school before you enrol your child.
It is only fair to be cautious when it comes to selecting a playschool in Gurgaon for your child. A playschool is a place where the child develops their first set of skills and understands the world through the eyes of others. A playschool also plays an important role in building the foundation of the child for all kinds of other academics. Therefore, you must use the above-mentioned checklist and see if a playschool that you like is meeting all the requirements mentioned above. One such playschool in Gurgaon is The Shri Ram Early Years, with a trained faculty and a very spacious playground for the children to play, it is an ideal play for children to be. If you are looking for one of the best preschool in Gurgaon then you must check out The Shri Ram Early Years – built with a foundation of love and care as its core values, you will see your child blossoming to their full potential.