In the Summary: Now if we talk about convert IBM Notes to Outlook, then there is no direct way by which you can convert IBM Lotus Notes to Outlook. Today we have come up with the same solution, through this blog you will know how to convert IBM Lotus Notes to Outlook directly.
A business email program is Lotus Notes or IBM Notes. This email client is widely used by businesses to send and receive emails. It is a desktop application that stores emails, contacts, addresses, and other data in NSF files. The POP3 and SMTP protocols are supported by Domino Server and used by Lotus Notes. It is renowned for both its cutting-edge features and high standard of security. Nevertheless, a lot of businesses switch from Lotus Notes to Outlook.
Why do we Convert IBM Notes to Outlook?
There are several reasons to switch from Lotus Notes to the Microsoft Outlook program. Below are a few of the explanations:
1. Outlook has a lower maintenance cost than Lotus Notes.
2. In Lotus Notes, multiple accounts cannot be configured.
3. Emails stored in Lotus Notes cannot be accessed offline.
4. It is challenging for new users to log into their Lotus Notes accounts.
5. Comparing Lotus Notes to Outlook, security features are superior.
After reading about all the reasons to convert IBM Lotus Notes to Outlook, let’s move on to the most effective way to do so. As a result, we have covered all of the best techniques for the conversion process in the section below.
Method 1: Convert IBM Notes to Outlook With Smart Solution
Use this third-party utility, NSF to PST Converter, if you don’t want any harm to come to your valuable data. You have the option to quickly export several NSF files in bulk using it. You have the option to export data from Domino Server in addition to Lotus Notes using the software.
Users can bulk convert their emails, calendars, contacts, tasks, and journals from IBM Lotus Notes to Outlook using this tool. With the aid of this tool, you can export NSF files’ intact metadata to PST. The canonical names can be converted into SMTP format using its features.
Export selected folders or mailbox items from IBM Notes using this software as well. It can preserve links in Doc files, HTML layouts, and internet headers. Duplicate contacts are removed from contacts.nsf files. Additionally, this utility merges many NSF files into a single PST file.
Learn the Tool Steps Now:
1. Download the tool, install it, and launch it on your computer to begin the conversion of NSF files to PST files.
2. Next, click “Add a file(s)” to add the NSF files by browsing for them.
3. The software application also allows you to choose the “Domino Database File” and the “names.nsf file.”
4. After that, decide which “Data Categories” to export into the PST file.
5. Use filters if you want to export data that is contained within a certain time frame.
6. To convert NSF files to PST format, click “Export.”
Option 2: Manually Convert IBM Notes to Outlook
Because it is a different file format than Outlook PST files, the NSF file cannot be imported directly. Therefore, in the manual process, the NSF file must be transformed into a CSV file before being imported into the Outlook program.
Make sure you have a backup before performing this procedure, as noted.
#Step 1: Convert Lotus Notes into CSV files.
1. Start the “IBM Lotus Notes” program.
2. Push the “Choosing File > Open > Lotus Notes Application.
3. Next, choose the NSF file you wish to export and click “Open.”
4. Click “Export” from the “File Menu” after selecting it.
5. provide the “File” name and the “Location.”
6. Select the “CSV is a file type from the list of file types.
7. Select the “Required option” from the “CSV Export Dialogue Box” and click “OK.”
8. NSF data is currently saved as a CSV file.
#Step2: CSV files are imported using MS Outlook.
1. Switch to your computer’s “Microsoft Outlook” program.
2. Next, select “Open & Export” from the “File Menu” on your computer.
3. Select the “Import” option and click the “Next” button from the list of programs or files.
4. Select “Comma Separated Values (CSV)” as the file type, and then click the “Next” button.
5. Click “Browse” and then select “Exported CSV File Path.”
6. Choose the “Outlook Folder” as the location to save data.
7. Pick the “Checkbox” option and press the “Finish” button.
In the End
In this blog, we have explained the top two methods to convert IBM Notes to Outlook. The manual method is divided into two steps. If you have chosen the manual method, then it has some limitations like being time-consuming, chances of data loss, etc. To avoid all these things I recommend you use this NSF to PST converter. Using this tool, you can easily convert IBM Lotus Notes to Outlook without any hassle.